0

Just Soaking It In

I had a sweet, sweet time with my boys tonight. Decided to forget about the stacks of dishes and piles of laundry, and instead, just enjoy having my family together at last. First, I soaked in my time with Corban, rocking him in the glider to my heart's content, singing him some of his favorite songs. Then I pulled out a couple books, held the boys in my lap, and read to them for as long as we wanted to. I finally convinced myself that "it is bedtime" after all and they'll need to go to sleep at some point. So, I set Corban down and went to put J in bed. I gave him a hug and a kiss, put him in bed and said, "I love you, J." As I turned my back and started to walk out, my man of very few words said for the first time, "Me. Too."

Wow. Even the largest of vocabularies cannot express the joy of that moment. I'd say it was well worth a sink full of dirty dishes. :)

0 comments: